5/14/08

3

I know who I am
Who I was and who I will be
And that fact drives me like a brand new car off the lot
Smooth easy and with no worries
My life was marked by stress-filled flurries of doubt, desperation and deceit
Crumbling under the weight of 3
It took some time but now I see
That all I needed was a little time with I, myself and me
A triad of power and self-awareness
It's why I only eat with forks
You can't get me to look into the distorted view of a spoon and try to find myself
My reflection upside down
Confusing my psyche and putting me in a permanent head stand
Sending the blood rushing to my brain and making me dizzy
Unconscious
I release your hold on me
Break my glasses in two because these bitches hinder me from seeing the truth
Wearing man's perception of reality on my face like a fashion statement
Screaming I don't know you
Or who I am
I'm transitioning like lenses led by the sun and God's raw energy
and I know who I am
Who I was and who I will be
My destiny became clear to me like stars in a dark, polluted sky
Like 3 stars in Orion's belt
O the simplicity
I smile through my childlike eyes and hum a tune that's dear to me
3 is a magic number, Yes it is
It's a magic number

1 comment:

Cassie said...

this is really cool chicka, i dig, i dig