8/20/08

To me, she's perfect

I never believed in perfection
No matter what
Trying to erect while picket fences around apartment complexes
Didn't look right
So I gave up my dream of mounted Prince Charmings
Until her
When we met this soldier kept nothing private
Proudly showing her flaws and battle scars
Thinking it'd scare me away
Her hands calloused form too tightly gripping her trust
Bruised tailbones from one too many kicks from life to her butt
Her last left her so tired that at night
She screams out restless energy in the form of mumbled words
She constantly spits poetry when she gets tired of tasting rejection, abuse and misuse
But to me, she's perfect
She's what I asked for
Her imperfections are like masterpieces
And sometimes she has the audacity to say
She's trying to get skinny for me
A honeybee
On the defensive after beekeeper after beekeeper
Kept pimpin' her for her honey
Trappin' her inside the hive never to be free
I don't usually deal in the permanent
But she makes me wanna write my emotions in ink and
tattoo her name on my intentions and my skin
As long as she loves me
I'll reinforce my cocoon to metamorphize me because
I wanna be an insect too
Not the same species - bees and butterflyz
And my wings may not flap as fast as yours
But I promise I'll work to keep up
Because to me, you're perfect
And you can't leave
Your kisses taste too much like eternal bliss
and I love the stickiness of your honey-coated touch
I never believed in perfection
Until I let love slap and snap me back to reality
Change my perception because
Perfection is in the eye of the beholder

No comments: