3/9/09

Repeat

she said play that song back
press repeat
let me relive our 1st few days through a smooth bass beat
when ur eyes shined as bright as ur smile
even on days when life had lost its luster
i used 2 dress my gender
& u singing 2 me was all i'd need 2 make my day complete
spirited lyrics between plucks of guitar strings
i was that sight, w/my energy shinin' so bright
& so strong that it pulsed through our bodies like sonic booms
as we lay on da floor of my apartment
intimacy at its most innocent
& i can't remember da last time it felt like that
now we live by alarm clocks & difficult talks that may or may not end positively
i used 2 tell u things w/my touch
that would never come out my mouth
& u listened
told me things w/ur body placement on top of mine
that matched da look in ur eyes
& i understood
we spoke our own language & walked our own routine
but somewhere down da line i confused breakin' my neck 4 u
w/breakin' ur back 4 me
overcome by my selfish tendencies
press repeat
da refrain doesn't bother me
cause i wanna still be da Princess who burns CDs
calls u her Honeybee
wanna be da couple who spends their nights @ IHOP
& days in da conforms of satin sheets or comforters or carpets or showers
or da sun rays that cut through patio blinds
soaking in da moments between verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge
yea
that track holds da fountain of youth 2 our relationship
da 1st 'our song'
cause we can have sex 2 mixes & singles
but nuthin beats making love 2 my wife
2 da sounds of U & I

2 comments:

Cassie said...

this is beautiful darling

AnthonyCW said...

Love it, amiga.