4/21/13

talk

I don't believe I started talking at a young age
My mother says different
Says I was an articulate adult at age four
Told her to call me what I feel like at age three
A prodigy who slow dances with her demons
Oh I wanna dance with somebody
I remember struggling to form words and sounds that were so elementary to my peers
They didn't want to play under or at the tip of my tongue
I couldn't talk
Lying is not a defense mechanism
Its a fingerprint on your lover's favorite CD you could wash off if you gave a shit
I don't lie
I've just given my honesty to people who regifted it back to me without the packaging
Book with no dust jacket
I can't use this registration code again
She wants me to be fully open like
Like that's easy
Like you can handle the full narrative of the hero all backstory everything
That's a lie
Omission is not lying
It is the shield I fight with until you knock it out my hand and I only have this pen
This tongue to protect you and I keep both sharp on accident
Talking is not easy when you have a mouth full of jagged teeth chewing on life's hard candy
We started this way
Dipping my finger in to taste her blood
Kiss her open wounds cause my lips are suture
Are liquid bandaid until they became vice
Clamp
Pliers pry open to serate and I can't control it
I didn't lie
You asked me to put down my shield and got mad at my shrapnel
Struggling to form words
Pushing them off my tongue
I've never been an articulate adult
You can't want and hate what you asked for
I'm new to this talking thing
But I can slow dance
My partner is waiting

No comments: