4/7/08

Back in the Day

Remember back in the day when you used to eat whatever your friend told you to
I had a friend who polished off a huge bush of honeysuckle flowers because he was CONVINCED
They tasted like honey
In its purest form
And in our purest form our logic was
"Well, he ain't dead
He's stronger than me and runs faster than me."
So you did it.
You closed your eyes and ate that daisy because
It's just a flower right?
Your diet consisted of sour pickles with jolly ranchers jammed in the middle
Big bags of red Kool-Aid that never failed to turn your fingers colors
Oatmeal treats and windmill cookies
Fruit Roll-Ups wrapped around thumbs to suck like 10-year-old babies
And you never got sick
You'd cry if your mom told you you couldn't go outside
And now
We are so paranoid that we wouldn't go outside if quarters rained from the sky
Because the dents they would leave in your cars reminded you of acid rain
People are so afraid of the littlest things
We tend to believe the rich folks
My friend is CONVINCED that he has plastic deposits in his body
Because Oprah said
That when you reuse disposable water bottles, you ingest some amounts of plastic depending on the level used
Well I don't know about you
But I WANT plastic
Our immune systems would be impenetrable if everybody
just ate
a little
plastic
Studies come out everyday saying things you used to do as a child probably brings on cancer
Cats prevent heart attacks
Too much sunlight is bad for your skin
Seems like scientists have us picking daises from our memories, making us hypochondriacs of what we used to be
I fear them more than I fear the media
Because scientists can use them big words, confuse you and shit
To keep you CONVINCED that that scientific bullshit is truth
Surgically removing our youth
But I will continue to swallow orange seeds
Hoping fruit will sprout from my ear lobes like citrus jewelry
Because I hate going under the knife
Operations give me too much strife
And I like living my life
Like its back in the day and I'm eating
Whatever my friend told me to

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.