3/12/08

I think of prayers like text messages

I think of prayers like text messages
Like God has a separate Blackberry Pearl that receives texts asking for mercy and singing praises
He gets those forward texts too
Send to 8 people
If you deny Him now He will deny you later
See I prefer to text God casually
So like old friends I thought nothing of it when I described you to Him
The perfect accompaniment to the spoken word of my life
We would vibe like magazines and have a run just as long
I would see the beauty in their soul
And they would see the possibility in loving me
I didn't know He made custom orders
Overnight delivery casually wrapped in packing peanuts and bubble wrap
All I had to do was sign
I love you on the dotted line
I sent Him a text
Said God will you send me an angel today?
The epitome of sensuality and able to love me intellectually
The tap on my shoulder was the UPS man
Miss I have a package for you
Even though I text him often
I never expect a response because I know His phone blows up on the daily
But that day, He responded
I think of prayers like text messages
And blessings as replies
Either I had my phone on silent or vibrate deep in my purse
But I didn't get it
Until much later
I read it and cried, took the pen and signed on the dotted line
God smiled, laughed and my message read
What can Brown do for you?

No comments: