1/22/08

Black backpack

I saw him today
Black backpack
I don't know his name yet because its only been three days so
I just call him black backpack for now
But there he was
On the other side of the elevator doors
For a second
I thought I pushed heaven instead of number four because
Black Backpack
Is built, looks, smells and sounds like an angel
Hand crafted with God's special stash that he only uses to make men like
Denzel, Will Smith, Blair Underwood
6"1' with caramel skin
Medium build but you can tell his always in the gym because he wears his ID card on a blue lanyard around his neck
A goatee and waves that can take back to early mornings on Galveston Island
His eyes? Little light brown M&M's
And I have been craving chocolate like I'm eight months pregnant with swollen feet
Yep black backpack is my daily Red Bull
Caffeine-free and guaranteed to put a spring in my step with a single quarter-second look
Today, as we crossed paths for the fifth time in three days
His shoulder grazed my shoulder and for a second
A million images raced through my brain of
Long walks, hugs, talks, kisses, smiles, grazes, touches, rubs, mornings, nights, soft grazes and softer phrases
I heard him say "Excuse me" with sincerity
And my response "It's ok" was lost in the whirr of the elevator doors
Black backpack
I wish I knew his name

No comments: