1/16/08

That's just me

*This poem says a lot of the stuff that I've been wanting to say for a while, especially for all the people that secretly check for me, or wonder why I do the things/wear the things I do. I'm confident enough in myself to post this. So you can either dig it or suck it easy!

The girl who you thought I was yesterday
I am her thoroughly
And who you thought I was last Tuesday
I am her, too, truly
I am me
I live by my own rules
Unconstrained by society I do my thang
Spike Lee calls me Mookie cause I Do the Right Thing
Which is me
I don't fit into your little boxes
This ain't Weeds
To most people my way is confusing
Well, that's just me
But here's a cheat sheet if you just have to ask
You'll be tested everyday so I hope you pass
And for your convenience I even added a beat
So you can follow along, if you need to tap your feet
I rock a billed beanie and studded belt for a punk rock feel
Throw on my white AF1s and matching hat so I can keep it real
Got a padded bra and mini skirt if I feel like sluttin'
Need some shades to match my ice for when I feel like stuntin'
Funny thing is when I go home all this shit comes off
And I'm still a person with independent thought
Because you're supposed to make the clothes, not clothes make you
And don't like and say they don't because you know they do
And these clothes don't make P-Dub, just in case you were thinkin'
That my collection of fedoras means I'm pimpin'
Or my baggy jeans and blazers mean I be lickin'
I see you lookin' at me sayin' this girl is trippin'
Don't get me wrong now, I don't mind the looks
I just wish while you turn your head you could turn on them books
You can get an education in classes and in the streets
I hope this poem gives you a little education on me

No comments: