1/28/08

Three Wishes

I went to a furniture store to buy a lamp, tired of my living room not getting enough light

Took it home to clean and rubbed the beautiful fixture

Then, in a cloud of smoke, outpopped a genie

“I’ll grant you three wishes, but what you gon’ give me?”

I thought hard and said, “What you need?”

Smiling he said, “I’ll think of something.”

I asked for a true love that blinds

And in exchange he took my individuality

I asked to be pretty and snickering he gave me

But not until he took my sensibility

Before the third wish I sat back and thought, “Is it really worth this?”

My soul was getting pale and sick

Even my hair was no longer thick

I asked, “What do I have to give for a relationship with my family?”

He replied, “That, cutie pie, will cost you your dignity.”

Too big of a price to pay, I exclaimed “Then for my final wish and please make it true

I wanna get all my shit back from you

All that ain’t worth the death of my soul

Young niggas do the bullshit and I swear I’m too old”

He granted me the wish and I gave him the finger

And that’s the last time I buy a cheap light fixture

No comments: