1/28/08

Desperate

I failed you

I wasn’t there for you and you felt the need to do what you thought was right

But wrong in the eyes of the law

Desperate

He said

I’m a 20 year old kid

Trying my hardest to not do what my daddy did

I got three beautiful mouths to feed

And a minimum wage job ain’t what I need

I need money

Not for flashy bling

But so my little girls can have nice things

Like they own room and three separate cribs

Hell just my own place would be what that is

But I got a plan

I been eyeing this bank two blocks up the street

And I think I can take it before the police

Show, but I ain’t got a gun so they all think I’m stupid

But what other choice I got, I’m so fuckin’ desperate

He said

I’m 23 and I ain’t got shit

I ain’t even slipped up and had no kids

No reason to live, just me and my green

And whatever girl that’s around that can put up with me

When I was young I had ambition, shit I wanted to be

I coulda fixed cars or started my own company

No, here I am, wasting away my fuckin’ life

Everywhere I go leavin’ a wake of strife

Now here’s my girl, all in my fuckin’ ear

She won’t shut the fuck up and just get a nigga a beer

Bitch I told you for the last time I don’t wanna hear that, ay

Stop your fuckin’ cryin’

I didn’t mean to hit you, I was just

Desperate

I said

I’m a 21 year old grown ass woman

Just trying to get through life, become something from nothing

Got a hole I been trying to fill with love and

I never stopped to think that it could come from my cousins

The love from my family, a bond never broken

But now, I think I’m too late

Everyday someone either having a kid or sitting in jail

I never thought for a Caldwell this life could be hell

And I never thought for a Cole robbing would be the way

But hey, you learn new shit everyday

So I learned desperation ain’t what that is

And its definitely not how I wanna live

No comments: