2/25/08

Win for losing

I can't win for losing with you
I love you and you love me, too, but you can't
Be with me
You're not into Tom Cruise so you don't like Risky Business
But I coulda swore that last chick was Top Gunnin'
Continuously singing Tank's Please Don't Go
And you surprised that the second time around
The remix, if you will
It was genuine, now she singing Ginuwine's verse
But I've always been real
For you I wore my heart on my sleeve but you ain't care
You told me I could gone head brush my shoulders off
Wipe me down
Do what you do but watch my shoes
"Oh it's like that?"
"Yeah, it's like that. . ."
You are my personal 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle
I have the pieces and I take the time to put a section of you together
But chasing the dream of a picture perfect connection never fails to wear me out
I can't win for losing with you
I promised to never write a poem about a person but I couldn't say no
To your tone
Typed in lowercased letters with z's instead of s's and smiley faces to let me know you j/p
Just playing
And now I can't even look at the shit
Blessed with the dopest metaphor ever in the history of metaphors but cursed with the Scarlet letter of your initials
I wanna be over it
Over you and these Milton-Bradley games you play with my LIFE
I tried too many times to pick up your heart and claim it as my own and been unsuccessful
This Operation looked so simple but I keep getting buzzed and touching the sides
Besides
It's about time I take it as a loss
And for you to take me as a loss
Because all this winning and losing
Yea, I'm through

No comments: