2/25/08

Lonely Road

I don't walk
So I find other ways to travel this lonely road
It's lonely because
You can't fit an SUV down a dirt path
There are no HOV lanes, just single occupancy one-way
And I tend not to carry things
I listened to Badu when she told me to
Pack Light
So 23% of the time I bike
46% of the time I push my Nike's
And once my deck comes in the mail
I'll be Kick Pushin' like Lupe Fiasco
Alone
It gets a little hard to ride by myself
But I sing along to the music and revel in the fact that I can exit whenever I please
Wherever I please and even drive recklessly
Because that's the benefit of being me
Not entirely comfortable with playing Lynn to your Toni, Joan and Maya
But Girlfriend
Life is Good
Even during the lonely times
When it gets dark and the trees look like monsters
Every noise sounds like the Boogeyman and my headlights don't brighten winding road in front
I know that if need be
I can close my eyes, go as fast as I can and outrun whatever scares me
Most people can't do that
Especially not with passengers
So I travel this lonely road like its my destiny
Refusing to ask for directions and being proud of my decision to go right
When everyone else
Went left

No comments: