6/21/07

Insecurity

There is no rehab for it
Yet people struggle with it everyday
My name is Princess and I'm insecure
This strong exterior is a front
But it only happens when you come around
We run into each other in the oddest of places
It's like a drug and every time I run back to it
It calls me
And I find myself curled up in a corner
Tightening the belt and lighting the spoon
Put it straight into my bloodstream
As I sink a little deeper
And I only crave it when you come around
I feel like little middle school girl
Don't wanna be picked to dance first
But damn sure don't wanna be picked last
I think, Am I pretty enough?
Did he ever love me?
Knowing full well the answers are yes
The insecurity eats at me
But only when you come around
Unlike Fantasia, when I see you
I scribble shit like this in my notebook
And I second guess everything
That we ever were
That I ever was & am
I need some rehab

1 comment:

Ehav Ever said...

Nice poem. I can relate to at time feeling insecure, and conquering said insecurity. Good work.