6/11/07

Show you my soul

Hello stranger
I hate to bother you but
I wonder if it would be OK for me to show you my soul
The depth of my well-being
Will that be OK?
Cause see
I've learned through my many travels that I
Tend to bury my soul deep inside my mind
And my heart
Cover the grave and leave it unmarked for no one to find
But a love once told me that
If you bury a soul too deep
And leave it unwatered it cannot grow
So
I stand before you today showing you my soul in hopes that
You will be that smart water
Fully nourished and free of chemicals
I know you thinking, "Why me?" but
You've got this
Purity to you comparable to a fresh mountain creek
And I was just hoping that I could
Show you my soul and you could
Spare some of your water
So that
The next time I bury soul I could irrigate your water
And my contribution would blossom into a field of flowers
And we could be
Strangers no more

No comments: