6/12/07

Lost in the Groove

There's something innocent about the way you grab my hand
Place it in yours and guide my hips with your right
For those moments our hearts groove to a similar beat
As we dance to the tunes of Maxwell, Musiq and India real smoove
We don't make too much eye contact
Because all we see is the notes
The warmth of the music as it passes through one ear and into our system
Out the other and we're not really listening
We're feeling
Only smooth music can make you feel like this I whisper
And those words get so many responses
Your cheek on my temple, fingertips on the small of my back
As if the up and down motion of your index simulated a nod of your head
And we grooved
Stepped side to side in the middle of the crowd
Got lost in the movements, the feeling
Until there was nothing, in our minds
But everything, in our senses
You can smell the lavender of my hair
I can feel the breath leave your body
And we can hear the same groove, the slow groove
I imagine standing like this forever
Simple steps from left to right with nothing any place else

No comments: