6/11/07

Island Oasis

On a deserted island I sit and I am not afraid
I do not look back
Back at the uncertain
No, I keep my eyes affixed forward
To the waves, the clouds and the sea
In front of me
I watch the deliberateness of the waves
I feel the wind as it glides through every hair on my body
I smell the scent of openness in the sea water
I hear the sound of my indiscretions wiping away
And I am free
I lose myself in this calming oasis
On this deserted island I sit and I am aware
I breathe clearer than ever before
Clearer than my brief stint of asthma ever allowed me to
I observe clearer than ever before
Clearer than my longstanding affair with glasses or my college education ever allowed me to
My senses have heightened to a level I've never experienced
I wonder what I would be like to live out here
On this deserted island
To love out here, to be loved out here, to make love out here
Would your love invariably flow deeper than this ocean before me?
Would the love you make, on this deserted island, be smooth and rhymthic?
I lose myself in these endless possibilities
On this island - my island - I can do anything
And nothing
I can fly effortless like the sea gulls
Flirting with danger
Or I can do nothing
Let the waves wash over me repeatedly until I
Am
Nothing
On this deserted island

No comments: